The last 30 days have been very…interesting, to say the least. We have been all so hopeful that things would improve and we’d be able to spend Easter with our friends and families. It’s not ideal, but celebrating Easter at home will make for fun, new family traditions! Here are five fun ways to make the most of a quarantined holiday!
#1 – Decorate Your Home to Get the Party Started
This one is easy! You can decorate your home like you would any other year. You can still put out the yard decorations, the wreath on the front door, and any other of your favorite Easter items. If you don’t typically decorate, or are looking for new ideas to switch things up, here are several fun ideas to try out!
#2 – Keep the Classics Alive with Dyed Eggs
A favorite Easter activity in many households is to gather round the the dining table or kitchen island to dye eggs! It’s always entertaining to try new egg designs and decorating ideas like these. They’ll help make the most exciting, vibrant eggs perfect for the much-anticipated Easter Egg Hunt!
#3 – Create Fun Activities for Kids of All Ages
We know the kids have been home for awhile now so you’re probably out of ideas for home schooling and activities. As chaotic as it can be, it’s great to soak up the family time! Here are some fun ideas to keep the festivities going:
- Virtual Easter Egg Hunt – Bring your loved ones together! Fill your eggs with the traditional candy, or try tiny toys, coins, or even some “get-out-of-chores free” passes.
- Easter Egg Spoon Race– Fun to play indoors or out in the yard, there will be nothing but smiles all around!
- Easter Bingo – Print fun Easter-themed bingo cards and use tiny chocolate eggs as markers. Everyone wins!
#4 – Spiritual Connections with Virtual Easter Services
Is it your family tradition is to attend an Easter Sunday church service? Thanks to the virtual world you can keep this tradition going this year. Touch base with your home church to see if there is a plan to stream their Easter service. If they are not, you can do an online search of other churches in your area. You can dress in your Sunday best to keep it special, or have fun with it and stay snuggled in your PJs on the couch while you stream on your TV or laptop for a new spin on the tradition.
#5 – Gather for Dinner at the Table
Although the number of smiling faces around the dinner table may be fewer this year, Easter Dinner can still be special! Creating your tasty Easter menu is another way to make this year festive. You can try pairing some new appetizer, entree, and dessert ideas with your family favorites:
- Honey Feta Dip– Delicious and simple to make, simply blend the Feta with your favorite honey for a creamy dip that’s equal parts sweet and tangy! It goes well with salty crackers, bread, or fresh veggies!
- Honey-Mustard Pork Roast with Bacon– Packed with sweet, tender flavors, you’ll love the minimal prep work required.
- Easter Rainbow Salad – with butter lettuce, radishes, asparagus, and a tangy lemon vinaigrette, this salad is the perfect way to take advantage of spring produce!
- Loaded Twice Baked Whipped Potatoes – Browned Butter Parsnip Mash – slightly sweet parsnips marry with savory, nutty browned butter to create an irresistible parsnip mash that is perfect for your Easter table!
- The Best Carrot Cake Recipe – We can’t wait to sink our bunny teeth into this one!
As some items may not be readily available at the grocery store, it’s a good idea to make a back-up plan for each menu item. To be sure, get your grocery shopping done in advance. You can even look into shopping online and having your groceries delivered through Amazon Fresh.
The most important thing is to gather as a family and enjoy each other!